Saturday, August 23, 2008

Friends

This weekend has been filled with friends. One event in particular was the wedding of my friend Kim's son. It's interesting how this week has been filled with thoughts of her. Earlier in the week I was sitting in the dentist's chair and a song came on the radio that took me back to a time when she and I were as close as two friends can ever be. Kim and I have been friends since the 4th grade. We lived down the street from each other then and we were inseparable. Since then we've lived far away sometimes and close together at other times. But we've always had the kind of friendship that no matter how long it has been since we've seen each other, it always feels like it was just yesterday. There were times in my life when I didn't deserve her friendship but it was always there. It has been a constant in my life for many years. One of my hopes and prayers for my girls is that they would have a "Kim" in their life. Someone who is their friend always -- no matter what. If they do, they will be truly blessed.

No comments: